narrative

J'adore Vivienne, habillez-moi

Gucci, Fendi, and Prada

Valentino, Armani too

Merde, I love them Jimmy Choo


FASHIONABLE MUSIC

It’s about: Innovation, Self-Expression, Originality and Attitude. Artists like fashion designer Yves Saint Laurent and musicians Daft Punk are just one of dozens that collaborate with one another to create magnificent fashion shows filled with super sexy electro-pop and malnourished models covered in chiffon

Whether it’s sketching, smoking, or screwing, I always need music to help inspire me to be creative. I know when I’m getting ready to go out for the night, I’m gonna, montage my ass off with some 212 by Azealia Banks. Or when late to class and speeding 90 miles an hour in my shitty, bumper-less Ford Focus (I spent too much time picking out my outfit...again) and blasting my Spotify to HAIM or Lana Del Rey. But fashion isn’t just about looking sexy as fuck in overpriced clothes. And music certainly isn’t about what’s being played on the radio. It's about listening to what puts you in the mood to dress with style and confidence.


Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Unravel The Traveling Heart

From the Four Fashion corners of the world: 
Paris, London, Milan, & New York 
UNITE!
The Spring/Summer Fashion Week events from around the globe is what every top designer, celebrity and sexually confused 14-year-old boy looks forward to every year. The season always brings stunning and innovating designs. From metallics, to florals, to origami shapes, the list of possibilites goes beyond your wildest dreams.  Let's travel across the globe to see some of the highlights of past and recent Fashion Weeks! Hope you brought your cape and corset, because they are SO in!

Don't forget to click the 
PINK LINKS
to see the rest of the designers' clothing or to hear featured music!


Chanel Globe Runway
One day, Karl will rule the world! And his first order of business is
 making everyone lose at least 90 pounds.
Buy the Karl Lagerfeld Diet Book on Amazon
"The Horror!"

Paris
Fashion Week
Spring/Summer 2008

Oo La La

"The Runbow Collection"
Probably on of my favorite shows by Karl Lagerfeld! With opening music from Get Innocuous by LCD Sound System (SlowWax remix), the show kickstarts with tons of 'tude. 

GET INNOCUOUS!


London
Fashion Week
Spring/Summer 2013

Melike Metallic 


Burberry Prosum 


Milan
Fashion Week
    Spring/Summer 2013

GOLD DUST WOMEN


Versace                                                                       Fendi















Check out the full show for Fendi ready-to-wear! 



<-----
Versace's line is flooding with gold and metallic fringe.


The Fendi fashion show was accompanied by a complete setlist of
music by the artist, Grimes. Her music style; a splash of Kate Bush & mixed with Synth, is perfect for inspiring any model to strut hard.

Grimes on the cover of Dazed
and dripping in Givenchy!

New York
Fashion Week
Spring/Summer 2013

Feed Me Florals

Girrrrl, hold my earrings!

Sketched to: 
Edited to: 
Psychic City (Classixx Remix) by YACHT







-------------->
Maybe she would look more comfortable
 if she wasn't wear a basket for a dress.
Or if she ate a sandwich....


Though the design is from Sass & Bide's 
London FashionWeek for Fall/Winter 2012...
Still–how perfect is this?! It just screams

Dolce & Gabbanna


1 comment:

  1. Joseph’s daringly honest description of the way music fills what appears to be most of the corners of his life is something I can certainly relate to. Again, I love Joseph’s candor. Reading his blog I could almost picture him standing in front of a closet full of clothes, mentally mixing and matching them, looking for flare, spark and pizzazz. It’s so easy for me to image Joseph in this posture because I do the exact same thing. I listen to music when I’m getting ready for a night on the town. It’s a ritual, a routine of sorts. And I’ve spent literally thousands of dollars on clothes and it still takes me longer to get dress for most occasions more times than not.

    I ride a motorcycle, a Harley, and while my motorcycle has a very loud pipe, it has a sports bike build, black and clean. I mention this because I, like Joseph, listen to a lot of Daft Punk. Joseph appreciates Daft Punk’s music because Daft Punk collaborates with “Artists like fashion designer Yves Saint Laurent” to “create magnificent fashion shows filled with super sexy electro-pop and malnourished models covered in chiffon.” That’s the same energy I fill when I’m zipping down the road (probably speeding if I’m completely honest) because again, I, Like Joseph, spent way too much time in the mirror trying to figure out what was acceptable enough to wear.

    Finally, with all of Joseph’s descriptive energy seemingly zeroed in on self-perception, looks and appearances, about midway through Joseph’s post I started to experience that same esoteric and somewhat profound feeling I felt when I read the way Andre described Nadja’s appearance, from her eyes to her lips to the clothes she was wearing when the two of them met, always with such great specificity.

    ReplyDelete