narrative

J'adore Vivienne, habillez-moi

Gucci, Fendi, and Prada

Valentino, Armani too

Merde, I love them Jimmy Choo


FASHIONABLE MUSIC

It’s about: Innovation, Self-Expression, Originality and Attitude. Artists like fashion designer Yves Saint Laurent and musicians Daft Punk are just one of dozens that collaborate with one another to create magnificent fashion shows filled with super sexy electro-pop and malnourished models covered in chiffon

Whether it’s sketching, smoking, or screwing, I always need music to help inspire me to be creative. I know when I’m getting ready to go out for the night, I’m gonna, montage my ass off with some 212 by Azealia Banks. Or when late to class and speeding 90 miles an hour in my shitty, bumper-less Ford Focus (I spent too much time picking out my outfit...again) and blasting my Spotify to HAIM or Lana Del Rey. But fashion isn’t just about looking sexy as fuck in overpriced clothes. And music certainly isn’t about what’s being played on the radio. It's about listening to what puts you in the mood to dress with style and confidence.


Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Blog Post 1

Sketched while listening to Wives & Lovers by Dionne Warwick  
Digitally edited while listening to La Musique (Myd Remix) by Yelle     



Dionne bringing sexy all the way back. Just listening to her sing this, completely made want to design a 50's inspired, hip house-wife, Ann Margret type. 
  Yelle is the epitome of French Pop and all I want is more, more more. Oui oui! Fast forward a little on this one. That's when the music picks up.  It kinda gave me that Heroine Chic vibe. I think my remix image says it all.

2 comments:

  1. In my fashion/music blog, I wanted to create a lot of intertext between the two as well as how mood affects both. My first post is of a sketch that I personally drew. Then I digitally edited the photo and posted the "remix" next to it. When I was sketching out this design, I was listening to music by Dionne Warwick and Herbie Mann. These musicians are popular for their 50's jazz style, which is where I got the inspiration for my sketch. It was then when I switched and listened to the song, Que Veux-Tu (Madeon remix) by Yelle, where I was inspired to create a more modern and contrasting version of my sketch. I felt as though it matched to the music I was listening to as well. This fusion of listening to music while designing clothes made me think about how much can be altered just by what you listen to. This blog is dedicated to famous fashion designers who pair up with famous musicians to make beautiful fashion shows and other projects. Finally, I included videos from Youtube to exemplify some of these projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When reading this blog I was really captured by the background and the art that was incorporated into it. The text that was used really complemented the overall theme of the blog. The incorporation of the idea that fashion is a essence of music was really interesting because when we really think about it, we are always reflecting our fashion with what we listen to. Were always wanting to depict that music, and have a stable fashion statement with that piece of music. I really enjoyed this blog for the main reason that it was free, to the point, and it conducted a good idea of what music really is to us in the world. One aspect of the blog that caught my eye was the incorporation of the art piece that was sketched while listening to the specific song that is on the blog. That made me really analyze the actual reality of music and art, and how they feed off each other. When people make music, or make art, there using each other to feed off one another to create something beautiful. In terms of textually blending the text with the art, and the post itself, I really believe that everything blended well together when conducting this specific post. The videos relate to the art, and the art relates to the description that is being discussed on how music is a artifact of fashion. One aspect of the blog that caught my eye was the title. There is an article on pitchfork.com about the new daft punk album, and this specific art in the text really brought me back to that article, and made me think of daft punk. Not sure if that was an intended idea, but if so great job. In all honestly I have nothing bad to say about this blog, because it’s about music, and music is LIFE.

    ReplyDelete